Monday, January 10, 2011

99 Dollar Gown Sale At David's Bridal

reading time: Sebastian Fitzek - Splitter

Sebastian Fitzek since I his book "Soul Crusher" I read to my favorite authors. His book "splinter" I have chosen as the Germany-book for the Reading Challenge Germany and its neighbors in 2011 .



The promises the blurb:
What if you could erase the memory of the worst events of your life forever in your memory? And what if something went wrong here? Much more than the splitter that has Marc Lucas drilled into your head hurts, it the psychological wounds - because his wife has the car accident in which he is to blame, not survived. As Marc hears of a psychiatric experiment that could free him from the painful memories. After the first test but the beginning of a nightmare: Marc's apartment keys no longer fit. Another name is at the door. And then he his pregnant wife ...

thus opens wars:
the beginning of the story we learn that died the wife of lead actor Marc Lucas a few weeks ago in a car accident and he has since fallen into a depressed hole. Due to an ad in a magazine, he turns to a clinic that promises to to free his Gedächnis of these negative memories. But from the time when he leaves the hospital, everything is strange. He sees his supposedly dead wife, buildings are no longer there, where they should be and then he gets even involuntary support of Emma, which claims a victim of Gedächnis experiment to be. As also Marc's brother Benny goes into the history, listening to the confusion no longer.

While reading the book was terribly exciting, I could put almost absent from his hand and wanted to know how it goes. I also had to end up having no idea what's behind it all. I had many theories and assumptions, but it voted not like this. I would like to end here, of course, not tell, but this much I can say: for me it was a bit disappointing and not entirely comprehensible. I had quite imagined other things.
What I like about Fitzek, is that it often provides short scenes in a row, a chapter is then only on two sides and ends open, so you must read very quickly, to know how it goes. He really knows how to keep the tension throughout the book on straight.

A great book that I recommend them for sure!

0 comments:

Post a Comment